Escape: Autumn wanderings in Wiltshire
Our idyllic English countryside weekend involved scrumptious low-lit pub dinners, exploring the local art scene, a sunny walk around the Fonthill estate through forests alight with Autumn colours (and spotting the odd Alpaca along the way!), long soaks in the tub finished by a glass (or two…or was it three?) of wine by an open fire.
The Beckford Arms was the ideal location for the perfect country escape being around a 2.5hr drive from London, they wowed us with their delicious food, cosy atmosphere, friendly staff and the thoughtfully decorated rooms.
- Sleep and eat at the Beckford Arms pub hotel
- Clear the cobwebs with a beautiful 4.5 mile walk around the Fonthill estate
- look in at the beautifully restored buildings and landscaped gardens at Hauser & Wirth
- Lunch At The Chapel in Bruton
- Find interior inspiration at the trendy Caro boutique, Bruton
- Have a gander (and a coffee) at the impressively restored Tithe Barn in Tisbury & their exhibitions
- lather yourself in Bramley bath products
- Relax by an open fire with a glass of red or a cup of English tea
- Bare skin near extremely hot towel rails! Ouch!